Monday 8 October 2007

Blog essay one




I found this post interesting since as posted before, I was once trying to communicate with deaf people at the eisa festival. As write on the post in visual anthropology of japan, I think it's very bad too that the gesture system, known as teburi, will be discontinued, I don't really know much about that specific kind of sign language, but I'm sure that every types of sign language can't be usless. Since I don't speak Japanese at all (and it's been a month now that I'm studying it!!!), that day at the festival I discovered that in certain occasions is easier comunicate with hands and facial expression. Ok, every culture has its differences, and the italian way to express positivity moving the head can be different from the indian or japanese one, but interacting directly with people can be easier than write an email to a suomi o russian person....basically I think that you can read eyes!!! But first of all, whatever the situation is just SMILE, isn`t the smile the worldwide sign of positivity?





Deaf people at eisa festival


No comments: